Although the Livestock Management System (LMS) was originally designed
to work with cattle, it is generic enough to be used for virtually any type of
- Vital Statistics: Store detailed information about each animals
such as Tag Number, Tattoo Number, Reference Tag Number, Name, Birth Weight,
Weaning Weight D.O.B., D.O.D., Color, Horn Code, etc.
Several new fields have been
added to the Vital Stats tab.
- Breeding: Keep a complete breeding
history of every cow.
Calculate estimated calving
date by setting the Gestation period for the breed and entering the date
- Maternal scoring: Track: Calving Ease, Calving Period, Calf Birth
Conditions, and Cow Problems for easier culling.
- EPDs: Enter EPDs and accuracies or calculate from progeny.
Calculate the ranking of each animal within the herd at the click of a
- Rate of Gain: Enter as many weigh-ins as you like and
automatically calculate the Average Daily Gain.
- Calculate adjusted weights: Calculate weaning
and yearling adjusted weights of all the animals with the click of a
- Weaning and Yearling Weight Ratios: Calculate weaning
and yearling weight ratios of all the animals with the click of a
- Graphical comparison of Average Daily Gain: A
new page was added to show an instant graphical comparison of the ADG's of
all the animals in the database with full printing, sorting, and filtering
- Measurements: Log
various types of measurements such as Frame Score, Pelvis, Hip Height, and
- Carcass: Enter carcass
information for performance tracking.
Additional Carcass information has been added.
- Testing records: Store all types of tests such as semen testing,
pregnancy checking, Periodic weighing etc. to help you optimize your herd.
- Purchasing/Selling: Rate each animal sold or bought by weight,
price, etc. to analyze management methods.
- Expenses: Keep track of all your animal-related expenses on a
per-animal-bases so that you can quickly see how much each animal is
Totals at the bottom of the
grid have been added.
- Medical records: Record all the medicine given to each animal and
- Feed records: Document the feed consumed for detailed cost
Totals at the bottom of the
grid have been added.
- Pictures: Store as many pictures of each animal as needed along
with comments and date taken of each picture.
- Pastures: LMS enables you to easily recall which animals are/were
in what pasture and for how long. Calculate the number of
animals in each pasture at the click of a button.
- Redesigned the Pastures screen: The
Pastures screen is much more flexible and easier to maintain.
- Breeding records: Breeding
information is now in a grid on a separate tab. This new screen makes
it easy to track the breeding history of each animal.
- New grids: Replaced all of the grids with
much more powerful grids that enable you to print, sort, filter, group, etc
the data without even running a report.
- New search screen: The new search screen makes
it even easer to search for the data throughout the database. This
search screen also uses the new grid so you have the same powerful
features mentioned above plus the ability to export the data to various
- Powerful grid and Pedigree
displays: The new grid and Pedigree lists offer much more
flexibility and ease of use. The new features include: grouping,
sorting, searching, printing, exporting, adding/removing columns etc.
- Most Recent Weight: Keep track of the most recent weight
that is entered into any part of the system automatically.
- Search hot keys: Simply
press F2 to find an animal. Can search on any field in the livestock
- Back/Restore: For added piece
of mind, you can now back up and restore your databases.
- Optimize: an added
feature to ensure that your database is always running at peak performance
- Multiple databases: LMS makes it easy to group data
together or keep records completely separate from each other. For
example, you may want to keep records for your leased cows separate from
your own herd.
- Move animals to another
database: enables you to keep historical data without the added
clutter in your main database. For example if an animal is sold or
dies, simply move all the data about that animal to a "History"
database via an easy to use wizard.
- Copy animals to another database: enables you to keep
a "Master Database" that contains all the animals for yearly analysis while
keeping your main database smaller and more manageable.
- Copy Lists: setup your
pick-lists once and simply copy them to each of your databases so you
don't have to re-enter the information for each database you create.
- Quick Entry Wizard: is a very powerful feature. It allows
multiple entries for medical records, feed records, etc. for numerous
animals in a matter of minutes as it automatically replicates the data so
there is no need for repeat keying of the same information for each animal.
- Powerful searching: Search for any text in any part of the database
quickly and efficiently.
- Powerful filtering: Filter on any field in the database to display
only the data you want. For example: "List only animals born in April
- Unlimited reporting: LMS comes with many reports and allows
you to create and customize your own reports and include them in the built-in report manager.
- Free support
- Free upgrades
- Additional enhancements are continually being developed
Click here to view the screen prints.